Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place for my customers to come and discuss my products
www.prairie-creations.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragrance oil content in shaving soaps

Go down 
AuthorMessage
c0ry

Fragrance oil content in shaving soaps Empty
PostSubject: Fragrance oil content in shaving soaps   Fragrance oil content in shaving soaps Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:31 am

I sent this question to the Prairie Creations email but I didn't receive a response:

Hello,

I'm looking into your shave soaps, and some of your scents sound very nice. I have found, though, that some homemade shave soaps I've purchased have been heavy on the fragrance oil, and this makes my face burn.

Before placing an order, I was wondering if you have heard any complaints of specific scents that you sell which can cause some people with sensitive skin issues? Namely, I was looking into these scents:

Green Tea & Cucumber
Cool Citrus Basil

Also, my girlfriend uses tallow shave soaps and would like to know if your Sweet Pea scent is based on Bath and Body Works' sweet pea (her favorite!).

Thanks for your time,
Cory
Back to top Go down
c0ry

Fragrance oil content in shaving soaps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragrance oil content in shaving soaps   Fragrance oil content in shaving soaps Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:19 pm

I thought I'd post Krissy's response to this, since I just received it. This will help anyone in the future who is curious as well:

"Fragrance is something that some people are sensitive to, and while there are particular ones that can be more of an irritant, there really is no way of knowing what it is that may bother you until you try it. Since everyone is different and what may bother one person may not bother another.

If you prefer the scents on the light side I can do that for you since everything is made to order or you can choose the unscented product. Many companies call their product unscented but still have some scent added to cover the natural scent of the ingredients. With everything that I make, when I say it's unscented there is absolutely no scented added. I have quite a few customers who are sensitive to fragrance and have no problems with the things that I make.

In regards to those scents that you might want to steer away from, I would suggest those scent that are spice like. Spice scents tend to irritate more than others. So you should be good with the Green Tea & Cucumber as well as the Cool Citrus Basil."

Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down

Fragrance oil content in shaving soaps
Page 1 of 1