Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place for my customers to come and discuss my products
www.prairie-creations.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Admin
Krissy

Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2 Empty
PostSubject: Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2   Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:27 pm

I wasn't overly happy with my first batch, so moving on to batch #2. This one has been tinted blue to make it easier to keep track of which one is what if I happen to need several batches before I get it right.

It is tallow based for all you gents that prefer a cream and tallow and are having a hard time finding them together. It also contains avocado oil as well as unrefined shea butter for those gentlemen who like those two ingredients.

Please post your own personal reviews of the shaving cream here.

It will come packaged in a portion cup as seen in the photo placed inside a bag that is labeled. It's a light pale baby blue in color. Which is a little hard to see in the photo.

Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2 Blue_s10
Back to top Go down
http://www.prairie-creations.info
philq

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2   Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:57 am

First Shave Test

I used a Semogue 1550 boar. I also lathered in a bowl. This cream from an almond size amount overflowed the bowl with lather. It at first was not as rich as I am used to from a cream, but that was most likely my fault as I tend to get impatient and add too much water.
My next go at it will have me adjusting the amount of water added.

With that said on to the shave. I used my Merkur bakelite with a new Iridium Blade. This will be the razor for all test this goaround. Prep was a standard face washing with soap and hot waster.

Let my say that the lubrication was excellant, the cushion was real good. It was a very comfortable shave. I cannot find anythig I didnt like about this creams performance. The post shave routine included the standard hot and cold rinse. No witch hazel or AS balm.
There was no drying or tightness of my face and it felt soft and smooth. I think this might be the formulation or real close to it. I will make a few more test lathers and shaves to see if I can get the lather richer.......
Back to top Go down
freddy

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2   Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:52 pm

First Test of the #2 (Blue, Unscented) Tallow Shave Cream

I chose to not change my normal set-up in any way so that meant using a pre-shave oil, continuing breaking in my Semogue Owners Club (SOC) brush, and using a blade on its last day of use (Day 7). In other words, I didn't knowingly optimize anything. (That will change tomorrow with a new razor and blade.)

The cream, before use: At first I was disappointed in its consistency because I thought it would leave lumps that would gum up my brush. Boy, was I ever wrong about that. Once I put a rounded baby spoon full of the shave cream into the bowl, wet the brush, and started mixing, the cream started breaking down into smooth swirls with absolutely no lumps. Marks out of 10...10 Smile

The cream after being whipped into a lather: My brush was covered with a thick rich lather that lasted for three passes without having to go back to the bowl; fantastic. Again, 10 out of 10. Very Happy

Glide and protective qualities: This is where this lovely cream shines. I used a Ted Pella blade that was giving me its 7th, and last, shave. I never would have known it from the protection of Krissy's cream. The razor just glided over my face as smoothly as if it had a new blade in it. After I was done shaving and put first warm and then cool water on my face, there was no stinging, roughness, or irritation at all. In fact, if I hadn't known that I had just finished shaving I wouldn't have believed it. There was no sensation at all that I had just completed a 3-pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG). A BIG 10 out of 10. What a Face

It is now at least 8 hours since I shaved and my face is still BBS. No irritation, no drying, no tightness. This is about as good as it gets.
Back to top Go down
philq

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2   Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:31 am

I had 2 shaves and a couple of test lathers. Since I have gotten the water to cream ratio the lather is excellant. This stuff rocks.
If there is any negitive side to this I would agree with another tester,it is a little thicker than I am used to for a cream but I dont see where that would be a problem either. IMO it is just a matter of astetics.

SO look out Saturday is the journey into the Tundra....(Now theres a name?????) Bring on the face freeze. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ecosse

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2   Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:31 am

I just finished up my second shave with this sample. Both times I didn't use an aftershave product and both times my skin was super soft afterwords. The lather is really good, nice and thick. I face lather and once I figured on loading the tips as I normally would with cream from a tub, building the lather was a snap. I find this cream also very protective also. I rushed the second shave a bit and didn't get any cuts or nicks. This product is a winner and should be well received by customers once its made available to the masses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2   Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Tallow Shave Cream Sample 2
Page 1 of 1