Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place for my customers to come and discuss my products
www.prairie-creations.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Admin
Krissy

Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4 Empty
PostSubject: Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4   Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:38 pm

This shaving cream is the same cream base as my blue sample 2 with a specific amount of menthol added. I used a scale (made for reloading bullets) that will weigh weights down to the 0.01 gram so it's very accurate for small amounts.

If you receive a sample of this please focus on the amount of menthol added and how it feels and compare it to the lather of the cream without the menthol.

This small batch has been scented with Sandalwood with the added menthol.
It will come packaged in a portion cup as seen in the photo placed inside a bag that is labeled.

I call this my tan version, but because the cream was tinted blue at first, I added in some orange color and it looks a little orangish, a little tanish, a little like light cocoa brown. So we will call it tan.

Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4 Tan_sh10
Back to top Go down
http://www.prairie-creations.info
philq

PostSubject: Re: Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4   Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:09 pm

I wanted to be blasted with menthol and this was it. The ultimate face freeze. My fellow eskimos and I may all agree this was the coldest shave in recorded history. I loved it. now down to busines.

The equipment was the same all through these test, Semogue 1550, Merkur Bakelite and Iridium blade. Prep was a standard face wash with hot water.

This soap dissolved better than the green, yet the lather was diminished, It takes on the average 2 to 3 times more cream to get a decent lather.
The protection was ok but not as good as the plain, the skin conditioning again was not as good. I needed after shave and witchHazel. Were the differences in the cream worth the freeze. YES. Would I like to get the qualities of the plain cream with the mentol blast yes.
Back to top Go down
Ecosse

PostSubject: Re: Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4   Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Same as in the other sample test runs, EJ87 razor, Gillette 7o'clock green blade on its forth shave and Golden Nib silvertip brush.

I made sure to load up the brush by pinching it and jamming it into the mini tub the sample cream came in. When I lathere up I had to add some extra water a few times, but nothing crazy and got a good lather. Then the freeze came. As with the lime sample, my eyes watered and this time my nose was running. It really is like having Vicks vapo rub on your face.

Now the lather built up quite nicely and learned from my experience from the green sample so building up a lather was no problem. But it certainly wasn't as slick as the unscented. The one thing you have to understand, using this cream for the first time, for me, was hard to really soak in and observe how well the cream was working as a shave cream because your so focused on the menthol and how its affecting your senses.

I got a few nicks on my neck which is understandable considering that the blade was on its forth shave. I didn't use an aftershave product only warm water rinse and then cold water rinse. Oh man, that cold water was COLD.

A Heck of a Menthol blast that freezes your face!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4   Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tan MENTHOL Tallow Shave Cream Sample 4
Page 1 of 1